BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year 2011...Coming in Living Color!!

Here it comes in all of its glory!  Rather than waiting for 'the day' to arrive, I feel compelled to wish all of my friends and family a very special year to come!  We have been spending a lot of time visiting.  Now I think of the days when I lamented that I didn't know many people.  Now I am actually wishing for a quiet night/day HOME!  I know - be happy with whatever you have.  I am learning that.  While we are out and about, it offers me lots of time to think about the people we are with - to see who they are - both their strengths and their foibles AND to learn to ACCEPT them for who they are.  Last night we watched a movie - Four Last Songs - I would actually recommend it for a 'feel good' movie.  My interpretation?  It was all about a bunch of unhappy people filled with anger who learn again to love and forgive!!  This caused me to reflect on my life and to realize that I have been filled with bunches of anger/frustration about things in life - people who rejected me and the fact that we are not millionaires (I am not alone with that I am sure!!).  I think of all I have read over the years and wonder if the anger I feel is generational!?!?  OK ladies - TIME TO LET IT GO!!  2011 is to be a special year and if I enter it compelled to keep the protection on my body so I won't be hurt and vulnerable and continue to hold the anger there, well, will it really be a special year??  I am NOT going to make any specific resolutions here BUT to let go of the anger at self and others that has lasted waaaaaaaaaaaay too many years.  If people choose not to connect with me - it's sad for them to not be a part of the light and energy that I bring to the world - but the sadness is for them...NOT ME!!  Oh joy for the realization...now on with the challenges!  Enjoy each and every moment of every single day friends!!  YOU deserve it!!
PS: The glasses were at the Winterfest in Ocean City, MD when Annee and I went for our photo op with Santa!!



No comments: