BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, December 27, 2010

Anticipation Turns to Reality!!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear...NOT a little old driver so lively and quick but a gift from Mother Nature - falling snow and blustery winds that created amazing snowdrifts!!   Yes, I have to use the term gift, because in reality, though this storm is a liability for many who have to be out and about in it, when we stop to pause a minute and see the beauty, it is also a gift.  I understand that people are stranded.  We feel lucky that Rebecca's flight made it to Philadelphia before the storm the nex day closed the runways.  We feel sad that Allison and Joe and hundreds or thousands of others will not fly out to their anticipated destinations when they want to BUT we have to consider that they are warm and safe...even though disappointed or angry or whatever other emotions come to them.
Sometimes I worry with anticipation and in this case, I didn't worry about the blizzard to come ( I still drove to meet Mimi and deliver her drums and made it home before much accumulation) but knew that we would have to deal with the reality that we were given.  Now my challenge is to find something to fit the feet so I can help with the shoveling and digging us out.  Yeah for the new snowblower and the 4 wheel drive.  Be warm and safe my friends - and take a minute to reflect on the beauty of the scene.  Let's continue the Anticipation and think of the wonders that can come to us in 2011 - if we are awake and aware and filled with gratitude!!

No comments: