BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Leafness

 I often start out my wanderings and gazings looking at the big picture - every day I am back to visit my tree and see the gifts she has to share - spectacular and then I am drawn to what Julie DuBose called Leafness.  I find it much more playful to look at individual leaves and see what they choose to share with us.
     Take this one for example.  Bill had two surgeries last week, so we are laying low with maybe a little mini-adventure daily.  While I was waiting for him to come out for our drive, this little guy floated down onto the windshield.  Yep - the camera was sitting right next to me and I just quietly lifted and saw and pushed the button.  It rather looked like it was suspended and floating in air.  If I hadn't been sitting in the van with the windshield between me and the outside, well, I could have imagined that.  I chuckled because this brought to mind Leo Buscaglia - anyone out there remember him - back in the 80s he wrote about "The Fall of Freddie the Leaf".  So of course, this is Freddie and then I am sharing a few of his relatives.  See I said I couldn't stay with the big picture for too long.  I have discovered my photography style and it is often the up close and personal and it suits me well.

 At the right time of day, there is still plenty of moisture on the leaves - or after a rain.  Friend Denise shared some of her most recent pictures today and there was frost!  Friends, soon we will no longer be in Fall - daylight savings time no more and brrrrrrr temps.  Talked to family in Chicago and they say they have had some nights below freezing and temps during the day in the 30s.  Guess Baby Boy Grandson will have to be bundled up for his adventures out with mom and dad.
After the rain, comes the drops and they look like little giant bumps when they are so close up.  I just ask you to stop and look at these leaves all over the ground CLOSELY.  Just stare and you will be surprised to see all of the little details they are willing to share.
   Now, as I write this, it is time to sit and watch the sun quickly going down in the western sky - look at the gift of it the other day.  Just had to sit and gaze and be filled with wonder and gratitude!! Just that.

No comments: