BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, October 21, 2013

On the Road Again...

It's been a looooooooong week and photography and truly being still with Nature - though always important - was replaced by the inner workings of surgical centers, waiting rooms, and hospital care.  Yesterday, Bill came home and our lives could return to 'normalcy' IT there is truly such a concept in reality?!?  I woke up with him beside me in our bed, looked out the window at the brilliant sunshine and colors and just knew that I had to go out and BE STILL.    I just decided to get in the car and explore.  I found this one tree and just sat with it for a long time.  It had everything I could possibly want:
   Concepts of Color, Trees, Leaves, Branches, Light, Sky...it's all good and it is all right in front of us when we stop and just see.  We don't have to label it, we just have to see it.  
   First I saw the whole tree and then I began to really get closer and look at all of it in sections.  The top was vivid red - and there were so many other colors showing themselves. 
 What truly fascinated me was the strength of the tree supported by all of its branches.  It took me back to this past week - the tree as metaphor - I needed strength and courage - maybe some bright colors too - to support Bill in the surgery and healing process.  I have a strong central trunk but this tree made me truly reflect on all of the branches in our lives that help support us.  Our son and daughter in law were present with phone calls and pictures of our baby for healing - can you believe he is already 100 days old.  My siblings and so many friends were all right there too.  Just made me think that although our trunk is strong - all of the other branches are what surround us and support us.  So it's the tree in nature...and so much more.  I have always been fascinated by trees - now with the color - yet also in all of the seasons with their bare nakedness - exposed to the elements yet standing strong and then after rest, growing again.  It's all a part of the life cycle.  Bill is sleeping a lot now and I realize that it too is his rest and an important part of his healing process.

No comments: