BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Perfect Loom for this Weaving

Little Light brought me to this loom and this weaving!  I was captivated by the glimmering of the shiny threads in the green wool The Weaver was using for her piece - yesterday at the Havest Moon Festival in Greenville, DE.  She had a variegated wool she had traded with the woman working the wheel and the colors were so alive - yet so soft and vibrant.I just stood and watched her patiently putting the skein through - warp - weave?  I think the long ones are the warp and what she put through is the weave.  Used to think that weaving and having a loom was high on my craft list but then as the years passed and I discovered other fun ways of working with my hand, this , along with knitting, crocheting and now origami and even macrame went by the wayside.  I am fascinated by how many ways we can be creative.
   Loved talking to the Weaver - oops - forgot to get her name/card but could see the gleam in her eye when she talked about how much she totally loved what she was doing.  She said that IF I ever changed my mind, this little loom would be perfect for me - I could learn in one three hour class.  Not even tempted BUT totally filled with gratitude for the colors and the textures and the work she produced - and filled with gratitude that I could see many different views of her work with my camera - fun for me!!

No comments: