BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, October 7, 2013

FREE SPIRITS Dancing Through Life!!


It takes a LOT of energy for 'big' people to be Free Spirits - we go to lots of workshops, listen to zillions of CDs, meditate and buy books that give us all of the tips and secrets to be the FREE SPIRIT we are meant to be.  Well - I have been thinking a lot about this and I do believe we are missing the bestest teachers of free spirit that we have right before us all of the time...CHILDREN...they just have it and if we are not careful by giving them too many of society's rules and have tos - they will keep it.
Back to Greenville, DE and the Harvest Moon Festival yesterday.  I sat in my comfy chair, listening to totally danceable listening music and watching what was going on all about me.  This 11 ish young girl not only had the socks and colorful laces BUT her hair was red!  She didn't walk anyplace she went - she skipped and danced!!  Lesson 1!
One of my favorites was this total delight.  I was looking soomewhere else and all of a sudden, I looked over to my right and saw this persona - another 11ish one - spinning and twirling to the music and to the music in her head as well!!  She was graceful - she was dancing - and she was totally being HERSELF.  Notice the hot pink shoes. What 'big' person would wear those because they would be 'uptight' about the shoes not matching the dress!  Yeeks!!  I finally had to go over and meet this lovely.  I shared that I loved, truly loved her free spirit.  I asked the name that went with it and she prompty answered PRINCESS MADDY!!  She was into her role.  I acknoweldged and greeted her and then asked what name might be on her birth certificate and she promptly told me she was Madeleine ???  (I didn't catch her last name and that is not important to this story!)  She had a cool mom and a younger brother too - would it be fun to adopt and be Nana to them!!
Wait - there are more of these nymphs / free spirits about.  This one - 5 ish was twirling in her pink tutu dress and having a grand time.  What thrilled me the most was seeing her mom put her things down and join her daughter for together FUN time!  No telling her to be still or sit down (I did see one mom who kept pinching her free spirit's arm and pulling her back to the hay to sit down - oh restraint on my part to not go and punch her out - and her little one was a 3ish spirit and totally having FUN!!)  Yes, I had to go over to this mom too and thank her for being so awesome a mom!!!
Catch the look on this face - yet one more of my role models and she kept parading back and forth and back and forth along the hay bales - doing really well at keeping her balance too!!

The last one to share this post is "Little Barbara" - she was a total delight - talking early and always exuberant about life around her - asking questions and wanting to know!  Sad was she heard, "Why do you ask so many questions?  Why do you have to know so much?"  For years, she let the FREE SPIRIT she was go within so she could live in the world where she had been born.  But thank goodness it has NOT been lost forever.  As she/me has gotten older - there have been a lot of changes - Martie, photography, family, nature, life experiences, cross country adventures and more to come.  The challenge - totally releasing the free spirit that is without concern about what 'they' think.  It's a forever learning experience but as I sit and watch these children at festivals and just out and about, I realize that what makes me special is my CHILDLIKE WONDER - I haven't lost it, just reacquainting with it!!  As I say - WOO HOO!!  Life is to be lived and it is a dance!!!

No comments: