BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, December 12, 2010

CELEBRATE the Artist and the Hippie and the Friend!

Today is December 12, 2010 and the anniversary of the birth of Susan Joy Fox Hirschman.  Let's celebrate this day of joy with her and wish her safe travels as she soon prepares to go to the sun in the Carribean to celebrate.  We first met when we started Sunday school when we werer 5 - you know how old I am...and Susan is 21 days younger, so the years are more than you can count on all of your fingers and toes. 
My gift for my friend - many Relationship Recipes that WORK!!  Over the years we have learned and grown from one another- our living learning laboratories for working on relationship issues - learning to listen and to value what is truly important in life - love, compassion a nd caring.  We have learned to be more listener than reactor and can only hope that our lessons learned can be passed on to those with whom we relate!!  We can be role models and have gentle conversations - whether or not we are heard has to do with the listener.  Whether or not there are changes also has to do with the perceptions and wishes of the listener.  Sometimes this is a challenging lesson.
You are doing well Susan Joy - let the relationship recipes continue!!
These are my birthday gifts and wishes for you today my friend!!

No comments: