BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life is Really a Bunch of Berries!!!

The other night friend, Ann Marie, challenged me to look at my life as a lovely vacation -having the time to do what I wanted when I wanted it?!  Now, is that something that I am used to?  Relaxing, flowing, laughing and playing?  Well...those who know me most likely can answer that they see snippets of that BUT for this responsible individual, being purposeful is what it's all about!  The first thing she wondered - and I said I would try it - was how long we might sleep IF we did not set the alarm to wake up at 7 every day?  I accepted the challenge and actually slept 'til 7:45.  Since it felt like a nice thing to do - and I had no where to be early am, I tried it again today!  Today I pushed the bar and didn't wake up 'til 7:48!! 
Looking for some joy in my photography - and choosing to eat in a healthy way, I had berries with almond butter on a solid piece of sunflower bread.  My presentation and the choice of plate definitely went along with the relaxing playful frame of mind!!
Then Bill and I decided to play this way of life to the limit and went off to the DE Art Museum to see an exhibit by Marc Sijan .  He does the most incredible life life sculptures.  I took a video and here it is on You Tube!!  What fun!! 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxkdejbvuRU
We have decided that there are definite pros to this life style, but we have to combine the flowing life with some more purposeful goals/activities as well.  Put on more drum heads yesterday and now have 7 to finish off.  Does this count as purposeful??  Or writing a curriculum to submit for approval for presentation at a Read Aloud conference in March? or???  Who knows and that is a big part of what the freedom of mind and PLAY can bring about.  BALANCE!!  Give it a go.  You too might like it!!

No comments: