BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, December 26, 2010

ANTICIPATION!!

It's almost 11 on the day after Christmas and the anticipation of snow and a white day after Christmas has been creating a tizzy in some people's minds.  I've stopped to think about how I am responding and it is with a sense of adventure that I am waiting to go out and see what Mother Nature brings us! 
What ran through my head as I was refecting on all of this activity was Carly Simon's song ANTICIPATION.  Here is a You Tube version for your enjoyment.  Yes, I do realize that the words are not totally appropriate to the weather situation, but the tune is one I like and the title is appropriate. 
Whatever you do, however you react and/or respond, just remember to be safe and comfortable and not take any additional risks beyond the ones that we live with daily just by waking up and venturing out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8
I had a friend say this morning (as she cancelled our plans - I have to understand where she is coming from) that up until about the age of 32, she lived the life of Mary Poppins and travelled out and about.  Then reality set in and she had to settle for life in the responsible lane!  She's still had a lot of adventures though and impacted many people's lives!!  You can bet on that.
Screenshot of Julie Andrews from the trailer f...
Enhanced by Zemanta
Then I stopped some more to think about myself...and my own sense of adventure.  Hmmm...I have been cross country twice - once in my car with three friends (1968) and then in an RV with Bill in 2001.  Oh it soooooooooo feels like time to go again, but maybe we will consider some train travel - across Canada to Vancouver?  Sounds like a plan in the making!!  I go out there and talk to whomever and PhotoSchmoozer discovers some fascinating stories from real people and that makes my life so much more special.  There are bunches of friends around that I wouldn't be lucky enough to have had I not taken the time to chat them up. So Mom, in answer to your judgmental question..."Why do you have to ask so many questions?  Why do you need to know so much?  Why do you always talk to people?"  It is the beauty of who I am!!  I have definitely learned to CELEBRATE ME!!   I am learning to celebrate all of you for who you are and your comfort levels and I totally appreciate all of you who allow me to be my AUTHENTIC SELF!!

No comments: