BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunrise...Sunset...Quickly Flow the Days

It's a rhythm of relationships and I could ask, which comes first the sunrise or the sunset?!?  Ponder that but don't go too deeply!!  For me the sunset was the magnificent gift that came first in this adventure.  I had been to the neurologist for what I will consider the final visit to doctors after so many months of seeing what is happening within.  Now I know...it is the aging process at work in my body.  There is some wear and tear, some neuropathy that comes with weight and lack of exercise, but aside from that, I am HEALTHY and intend to be around for many years to come.  I have too much to see and do and life is worth living!!  So why the sunset first?  This is the gift I received on the drive down to Ocean City to visit with Annee and Santa.  I kept watching out the window as the sun did its thing - and the clouds were right there surrounding it.  Finally, I could wait no longer and I had to stop!!  Here is what I saw and for that, well, I can't say often enough how thankful I am for it!!  Then after wonderful conversations, perfect silences and some good food and drink, a great rest and the gift of the morning - sunrise over the ocean!!  I am thinking once again about the Relationship Recipe ingredients and this 24 hours brings me right to GRATITUDE: a feeling of thankfulness and appreciation; the state of being grateful.  Today I woke up remembering the feelings of the visit and felt a sense of peace for who I am and what is in my world.  I asked for this gift...and now that I have been still, I am able to receive it!!






No comments: