BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bountiful Gifts...People, Places & Things!!

No doubt, my friends, it is all about GRATITUDE.  There are so many people, places and things to be grateful for - sometimes we think of the big things and forget the teeny tiny ones BUT somehow they all fit together to make the whole that is our precious life!!  A while back, one of my family members talked about my 'crappy mushy gushy stuff' and I just looked at her!?!  What kind of response did that judgmental statement really ask for?  Nothing but silence (and a few hurt feelings).  But putting those words aside, as I know myself more and more, I do know that I am emotional and sensitive and caring and compassionate.  If someone is uncomfortable with those ways about me, well, maybe it is sad for them.  I am striving to accepting them for the way they are - though it is so diametrically opposed to who I am!  It all goes back to the Suzy Toronto box I got for my birthday - same blood - different planets.  But I certainly do sound defensive and I truly want to share my gratitudes because they make my heart feel so much better.  We can start with the 'stuff' - the snow blower - grateful that we have it and that Jon bought it for Dad!!  Then the places - going out and about and being fortunate enough to appreciate the fluffy white snow (it will be gone by April to be sure!!).  A special gift was the sunset at the end of the day.  It was once again, Mother Nature at her finest.  What I am most grateful for though is the guy/s in my life!  I have two of them and they are rather wonderful - they strive to accept my emotionality and offer me love and caring that warms my heart to its core.  I just wish I had them in the same place to take a snowy day picture of them together!!  Someday...some way...until then - I am thankful for all that they bring to my life.  Sentimental?  Maybe so, but why not!?!  Love to everyone in my life and anticipation of the joy of the meetings that PhotoSchmoozer is yet to have with those not yet in her life.  A New Year is coming and doesn't that mean so many more adventures?!?   YEAH!!

No comments: