BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Compassion...Concern...and COLLABORATION

The title of the sculpture is not as important as its impact and message.(saw this at the  Copeland Sculpture Garden at the Delaware Art Museum.)  It had a personal impact on me because I have been working in the Early Childhood Field for more than 40 years and have always know that it is our responsibility to work together with a purpose of true collaboration to enhance the quality of services for children, families and the staff who serve them.  In the states where I live and work (and my guess is that they are not unique), the prevailing view is not always present but supplanted by selfish interests often driven by competition for dollars.  My question:  In these difficult economic times, wouldn't you think that true collaboration would be an imperative?  Wouldn't you think that talking to one another around the same table would be the norm?  It makes me sad to hear someone say, "I am not involved in ECE planning anymore and I wonder what happened?"  I have been seeing the few taking the power and believing that they know what is right for the masses WITHOUT TALKING TO THE PEOPLE!!   I am on the Board of the DAEYC - Delaware's state early childhood professional organization.  The system is in need of leadership and massive collaborative efforts.  Instead, I see a group of people who have started another ECE organization - a consortium as they call it - that to me (in my humble opinion) is divisive and won't bring people together for the common good.  What is the common good?  The photo I took the other day represents what I mean:  It is our RESPONSIBILITY to protect and advocate for our children, to respect one another and the families who bring us the children and to be unified in our voice for quality!  My husband often says that I am 'childlike" and I like that designation.  It doesn't mean that I act like a child, but it does mean that I still have the naive, innocent belief that everyone can play together well in the sandbox without throwing sand in each other's eyes.  Our children need us so that they can grow strong and confident and be the leaders that are there for us in our aging years!  What do you say folks...How about more conversation and collaboration - truly living the intent of the word?!?  It's a New Year coming and isn't that a time for real promises and follow through!?!?!  Think about it please...and peace to you!!

No comments: