BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, December 5, 2010

BEING AUTHENTIC...The Eyes Have it!!

Today I add to the ingredients list AUTHENTICITY.  I have chosen to add a collage I created during a photography workshop.  We were to do portraits of the individuals in the group and my idea of their portrait was to take a close up of their eye!!  To me, the eye is the entrance to the person's being.  In her book, LIFE LESSONS,  Elisabeth Kubler Ross, shared her thoughts on many subjects - authenticity being the first.  "Deep inside all of us, we know there is someone we were meant to be.  And we can feel when we're becoming that person."  She writes about 'finding richness and meaning in those things they already have and are, to dig deeper into the possibilities that are already there.  They have found the 'richness of every today for they have learned to listen to their heart.'  That can be true for each and every one of us.  At a recent training I attended, I was sharing my concern that I would go into a program as a consultant but NOT as ME!  I felt that I would have to give up my special something to be as I was expected to be.  WRONG!!  Who I am is what I bring to the experiences.  This led the group to a discussion about our need to be an authentic person in life and in our work because only then would we be effective in building relationships in the programs - the work we would be doing
Ponder authenticity and stop for a moment to reflect on the message that the "Bard" shared with us hundreds of years ago.
"This above all to thine own self be true
And it must follow as the night to the day
Thou canst not then be false to any man!"    LESSON LEARNED!!  AUTHENTICITY!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: