BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Savoring Traditions with a Special Friend

My special friend, Annee was gifted on her 40th birthday with an ocean front condo in Ocean City, MD.  I am gifted to have her as my friend and to get to spend time there with her to be at peace with one another and our very special friend the ocean!  Time does not matter when we are at the BareFoot condo - clocks don't exits.  Go to sleep when you are ready, wake up with the sunrise...or later...or earlier and just relax into life.  Not sure I could do it on a permanent basis, but for a few days, it is Heaven on Earth!!
Years back we went to see the lights at Ocean City's Winterfest and created a tradition- sitting on Santa's lap and riding the tram to see the light exhibit.   For a few years, Bill and I had surgeries that kept us close to home in December and unable to go see the lights and sit for our time with Santa. This year, we are back on the tradition setting trend and had out visit with Santa. Can you imagine doing his work for 11 years now from mid November until after Christmas?  Can you imagine sitting there night after night and talking to children while engaging them for photo ops?  For me, it is more about the joy and excitement on the children's faces as they are excited with Holiday Joy!!  Peace to the World!!

No comments: