BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Building Relationships...Being a Friend...

Sometimes the challenge of having a friend...or being a friend...is the challenge of being still and nothingness.  When I talk about the key ingredients for relationship, I go right to TRUST, RESPECT and COMMUNICATION.  I have been reflecting on this a lot lately - the friend thing, I mean, and realize that it's also about acceptance and patience and allowing the other person to be who she is at any point in time.  For me, the most difficult challenge is expectations.  When a friend says, "I will call you tomorrow" and then never does...disappointment sets in and then I feel friendless - right - not a one in the world!!  I wonder, as we age, if the definition of friends changes and our needs for connection also change?!?  For a few years I have worked from home and have come to the realization that this is NOT for everyone.  How to remedy this?  Want to find someone to play with who has like interests and wants to explore and experiment along with me.  Want to find someone who will call me and say, "Hey let's go out and explore!"  Don't want to be that person most of the time - listening to people say, "Oh but you are such a busy person!?!"  How do they know this if they don't pick up the phone and try.  Maybe it is a fear of rejection on their part...Martie is so busy, she won't have time for me?  Maybe...don't we all go there at times?  It's cold and windy and cloudy and I am once again striving to stay away from the sugar - so all of that combined leads to too much thought.  Now it is time to take some action and move on!!  Maybe some drumming.  We completed four more this morning so I'll go and give them a try!  Stay warm!!

No comments: