BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas to All...And to All a Good Night!!

The times have been of friends, family, fun and food - everything seems to be connected and now it is time for the peace of the evening after it is all over!!  Many years ago, I used to lament that we had no friends and no social activities.  Now, I am heard to lament, why don't we have any quiet time at home?  Gosh, can't a girl ever be satisfied?  There are tradeoffs and there is BALANCE and for it all we are grateful.

Every year in Pitman, the Hagerty family, takes their time, energy and caring to create a light show in their neighborhood right near Pitman Grove for people from towns around to come and see.  It is in the true spirit of the day.  The one display that was most fun for me and I want to share is Shrek, Fionna, Donkey and friends singing their version of the 12 days of Christmas.  I posted this on You Tube for all of you to enjoy as much as we did!  What else was there?  Well, I created a photo album on Facebook and that is where the Christmas pictures will stay. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOeVndcapsM

Tonight Rebecca came home from England and we had a family celebration at a Chinese restaurant.  Jon (our son) is the food blogger so I would let him write the review if he were here and I will abstain, except to say that it was 'mighty mediocre' - dishes with lots of sauces/glop as I call it and totally NOT what my healthy eating/macrobiotic books say to indulge in.  That is over and it was a family timei and that is what it was all about - hugs, kisses, stories to create and others to share and just time together. 

No comments: