BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 2, 2011

SMILES are Friend Makers!!

Meet my friend MaryAnne.  We have met through music  and our welcoming ways - that is always the happiest way to make connections!! There's another reason I use this picture today though.  Bill and I have taken on the cleaning and purging and reorganizing of our lives - internal and external.  One challenge that I accepted is to take ALL the photos in various albums and organize them in boxes to know what we really have and to clear out those that don't need to stay around.  So, Martie, get to the point!!  I went up to the third floor today to get some more pictures to sort and found a smallish black notebook filled with stories and photos from the very early 2000's.  As I read through the book, I realized my intent in beginning the PhotoSchmoozer blog and what my purpose was - going out in the world and making connections and sharing people's stories.  Have I kept my intention?  Not always and now it is time to get back on focus.  I found a verse that I wrote 6/26/01 called Smiles are Contagious.  That's when I went seeking and found this picture.  Through all of these years of self reflection, I have come to appreciate my strengths.  My energy and my smile as well as my ability to 'chat people up' are gifts.  I use them often but I forget the gift of writing the stories I hear as another piece of the puzzle(Thanks Bill for that reminder today!!) My 2011 intention if to reclaim that focus...but for now...here is the verse I wrote.  Says it all for Photo Schmoozer, and MaryAnne and I say it all about smiles!!
A smile feels good
A smile lights up my face
I smile and make eye contact
I'm rewarded by the light from another's eyes
And I receive the gift of their smile
a fleeting glance
A moment of recognition
A glowing light
And life moves on...
Connections made.

No comments: