BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow Study...Trees and Branches

I have been sitting at my desk and looking at the snow.  Do I see the beauty?  Yes...and no.  I had a discussion with a friend and she said that she always sees the Beauty in the snow!  I can agree ...to a point and then I see the piles of snow and the solid packed ice that is our driveway and I am fearful of falling! 
I thought about how I could do a study in snow for PhotoSchmoozer and what I thought was beautiful.  Early yesterday morning, on my way to Delaware for an all day meeting, I began to see the uniqueness of the trees and the branches.  I saw how the snow has stayed on the tree limbs and then I saw the unusual shapes of the trees.    The fact that there was a giant orange ball of a sunrise helped a lot!  Today I have decided to go out for an exploratory adventure and see how many different kinds of trees and branches are there to enjoy.  Soon, I will share that.  Until then, here is the first of the study from Betty Park in Pitman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245801&id=1290201838&l=abb2229321..
Here is the link to the pictures I took today on the ride in the country. No more to come in a blog post!!