BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Worry For the Rest of Your Life!!

                          
I have to laugh out loud and let all of the warm fuzzy memory feelings  come right to the surface!  Anyone love the Lion King and especially Pumbaa??  I do and I remember where I got this fellow.  It's a story that came back to me today.  I sent out New Year's greetings to my friends.  Evelyn Effinger, from NY state is one of them.  We met eons ago and today she reminded me that I am better than she at keeping in touch and growing relationships.  I reminded her that since she responded to me, well, then wasn't she pretty ok about it too?  Evelyn and I met oh so many years ago when we were both doing some consulting work for Early Head Start when the technical assistance system was at NYU.  I had been to California to do Program for Infant Toddler Care training and within days, I came back and we did the training in NYC for a group of 50!!  We had our days filled and our nights to play.  Evelyn and I decided to go and see what kinds of half price tickets we could find at the Times Square trailer.  We saw the Lion King and were waiting in line when a scalper approached us.  He offered us the tickets at $?? Geez I can't remember everything?!  We looked at one another and asked how much we were willing to afford losing it the tickets weren't real?  We went for it and although the seats were in the LAST ROW of the upper balcony, the tickets were legitimate and the show was great!! 
As a gift to myself that night, I bought me a Pumbaa stuffed animal who sits in my office all the time to remind me of his message about Don't Worry for the Rest of Your Life.  Evelyn bought a watch - she collects them.  So today, I brought Pumbaa to my desk, got the email from Evelyn and here is the song for your enjoyment!!  What a solid message to start the New Year with!!  Enjoy!!

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: