BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Law of Attraction...Doves come home

Yes, my friends, these are simply birds on the feeder...NOT!  It's a long story and I will make it short.  Today I was talking to my friend, maryi, about the Law of Attraction, the Secret and manifesting what you want.  I like the premise and, in my own simple way, live that idea.  I have asked for the Doves to come home to our feeder. They have been missing for awhile.  Today - and coincidentally just after maryi and I had our conversation, I came home and Bill had this picture for me.  My wish came true and doubly so!!  There were two pairs that came to visit!   When I think of what is important in life, I think of a quote I got years ago from a craft show about being 'rich'.  To paraphrase, it said that rich is not what you have or own, but who  you have beside you.  Today is a special celebration - 40 year anniversary of our very first date.  Now isn't that RICH!!  We went to the Philadelphia Zoo on a really cold day at the end of January and then came back to my apartment - the guy had brought a picnic basket.  We had a picnic on a blanket on the floor!  We are still living the 'simple' life and strivingall the time to realize the beauty in the simplicity. 
One day at a time - the gift of the precious present!!

No comments: