BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Follow Your Heart and GO FOR IT!!

Yesterday, sitting with a friend and talking, laughing and just generally enjoying life, I also entered into the role of "Dear Abby" or maybe I should say "Dear Martie".  It would be violating confidentiality if I shared the content of the conversation, but I can say that the advice I gave her was GO FOR IT!!!   Here is the Willow Tree angel representing the bluebird of happiness - what she wanted/needed; the Willow Tree angel representing Serenity - what I was feeling, and a heart filled paper weight from my collection - my advice to her - Follow your heart!  This morning, I got an email sharing the fact that she listened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, her email had at least that many exclamation points if not more.  See, my advice to her, as would be my advice to you is the following:  Today is the only day/moment in time we have so pay attention to it and let the precious present guide your life!!   This morning I was talking with another friend and I was feeling rather feisty.  My advice to her: "When are you going to be strong and take care of YOU and what you want/need rather than making it ok for everyone else?"  That's advice we all can share in and I believe she will hear me and move forward with it.    The other night I was listening to the Yearnings show on NJ Network and the rabbi talked about Retirement as being Resurectioni - it can be the messiness between knowing and not knowing and that is the divine space where we guide ourselves on the path NOT to be human beings, but HUMAN BECOMERS.  The more peaceful I feel, the more still I become, and the more these messages come along that I can share with you!!  Hold my hand and let's keep skipping along with life as it is!!

No comments: