BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, January 17, 2011

LIFE: A Work in Progress!!!

I sit at my desk, writing on the computer and looking out at the SNOW hanging out in our backyard.  Then I see that the temperature is going to be hovering around 20 something and I like the fact that we can call ourselves 'retired' - though what does that mean?!?  Retirement can be defined in a zillion ways:
  Doing what you want when you want to do it
  Waking up to all of the possibilities
  Being Free to Be
  Having peace of mind
  Determining who you might choose to be with...or not

I sit here and look at a poster on my wall - a true reminder of what this state of life needs to be all about...
         "It's not about congtrolling.
             It's about being present.
          Being open,
                    Being aware
            And allowing it to come!
What a grand philosophy that defines what PhotoSchmoozer (aka Martie) wants to be all about - call it synchronity, being still, peace...doesn't matter - just pay attention to every moment.
     Lately I have been heading to the 'art studio' (aka basement workshop) to create drums - after we have been in the outdoor creative shop to make the bodies!!  What does this have to do with opportunities?!?  EVERYTHING.  I am having FUN creating the drums - soon am going to do a photo op with all 16 of them we have done so far.  I am showing you a photo of works in progress(Thanks Bill for taking this)
And I am asked - "What are you going to do with the drums".  My response  "Quien sabe?? "(Sorry I don't have an upside down question mark for the beginning of the question so it would be authentically Spanish!)  There could be Health RHYTHMS workshops; other drum circles around and about; selling drums at art fairs and...remember the theme is ALLOWING IT TO COME.
Now friend Annee has invited me to the Sussex,DE Parents as Teachers Fatherhood Day at the end of February.  We are going to make "Baby drums" to take along to this event - they will be shorter so that dads and/or moms and /or older siblings and babies can sit on the floor together and just have fun!!  See there are always ideas and possibilites!!
On the other side - so you don't think my vision is through rose colored lenses (though I prefer that) are the few down aspects of '"retirement" - what to do when you have to be self motivated all the time?  Loneliness?  Friends and/or relatives who sometimes forget to call...and a general malaise brought on now by the winter temperatures and so much snow hanging around!  Last night, we realized that in TWO MONTHS, SPRING will officially be here...and then the world will wake up and perspectives will totally change.  So...the lenses ARE mostly rose colored and every day, well, most every day, the sun is shining!!  If it's not outside, it is in our hearts!!  Yeah for LIFE!!

No comments: