BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girl Scout Cookie Stories for Lucy

Boxes of the two most popular Girl Scout cooki...Image via WikipediaWhen I went out and about today to see what I could find for my Tree, Branches, Snow study, I first stopped in at the Heritage Store in Mullica Hill, NJ for a cup of coffee   Since it is Girl Scout cookie time, there is always at least one adorable young girl there with her mom or other troop leader.  Today was no exception.  I walked in to be greeted by one shy 9 year old selling cookies.  Bill and I have decided not to buy any cookies but always make a donation.  Today was no exception, though the thin mints were calling my name.  As I was about to leave, I decided to ask if I could share an 'old timer's story.  I asked Lucy (we had traded names) how much the cookies were ($3.50) and then how much she thought they cost when I was her age.  She looked at me and carefully thought this out.  She responded, "A couple of cents?"  I praised her for good thinking and told her, "No, it was 40 cents".  Her mom asked how many years ago.  She is 9 - it was 56 years ago when I was 9!!  They asked if the boxes were the same size - about the same.  Then I shared how my Dad used to take them to his Rotary club and sell them for us.  We usually sold a few hundred boxes that way.  Lucy's eyes just totally went WIDE!!  Her mom thanked me for sharing my stories for them.  I share this because it is who I am...and how I want my world to be.  People who respect the story of the wise elder and then say thank you for sharing!  It's such a small effort and such a wonderful way to be.  I hope I see them again!!  I could go off with great warmth in my heart.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: