BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wholehearted Living: Life is the Learning Laboratory

"Pure fun happens when we are fully engaged with ourselves and our world in each moment. It is the spontaneous delight that bubbles out of us when we let go long enough to bring it through; it is the experience of natural, organic pleasure that springs up from our bellies, through our souls, up through our faces, and down to our toes. We’ve naturally known how to have pure fun since we were babies and the flicker of lights caused us to jump to attention from the sheer enjoyment of being able to see. Approach your life today with the knowledge that pure fun isn’t something that is given or done to you; rather, it is something that you allow yourself to experience. "  (This message comes from my OM horoscope yesterday)


Pure Fun...what does it mean to me?  Living Life to Its Fullest in the simplest of ways.  Why the dragon fly?  Because one day I was out and about at the Grounds for Sculpture on a very hot day and sat to gaze at the giant water lillies and then saw this bug.  S/he came gliding in on the gentle breezes and just stayed to visit.  JOY!!  I had my trusty friend the camera,  and we recorded the moment.   The process came with a gleeful heart - the product was a bonus!!
     I find that when I go out and about with my camera with nothing but pure intentions, then my heart is light and joyful.  When I struggle to get the 'perfect picture' - as I did last night listening to The Real Imposters - a wonderful new band, I delete many more pictures than I choose to save.  WHY??  To me, last night was a struggle filled with technical moments.  I saw the blue lights shining down on the band members but what my eye could see and my heart could revel in, my camera could not capture.  Struggle...the operative word - what setting?  What f stop - could I alter the ISO or th shutter speed?  YEEKS!  I shut off the camera and listened to the music - what a delight!!!
    Bill and I talk every day about Life's Learning Laboratory and Lessons Learned for us.  We do this in a positive way finding the lessons and the messages that show up - the synchronicities I say - to guide us on our journey to a healthy, joyful and peaceful life. 
    Yesterday I was in a store and my friend picked up a key chain saying something like you can change your life and be all you can be.  My final thought...why aren't there many that say YOU AND YOUR LIFE ARE PERFECT EXACTLY AS IT IS.  Living wholeheartedly is about acceptance of life and yourself AS YOU ARE IN THE MOMENT!!  YES!!!
Where will the journey lead? 
Simple follow the path and be open to discover!!

 

No comments: