BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Heat...Malaise...Whatever!!

That's what these past days have felt like...HEAT ...inactivity...and the feeling that a dear friend expressed moments ago - MALAISE.  What can it mean?  You don't have to be told because the word in itself just says it all...may (well it is June now but close enough) and laise...could it be like feeling lazy??  Did I make it up?  Perhaps yet my friend expressed it well.  One just feels like WHATEVER...or maybe better yet - nothing much at all.  In her case, there are boxes to be unpacked from a recent move but as we quickly concluded, they are there and aren't going anywhere?!?!?  The Italians have a word for it - I think it is 'domani' - which means tomorrow.  Better yet, they also say "dopa domani" which is the day after tomorrow.  Whenever...whatever.
   Never a day can pass without my taking some sort of photograph - though I often forget to post here - and today was no exception.  I ventured out on the back deck - geez louise - at least a hundred in the late afternoon sun and in my usual BE STILL mode, I sat on the steps and looked around.  Looks like the water has been affected with malaise too - not moving - not going anywherer - stagnant!!
I decided to be brave and go off of the steps to check on progress of Phyllis' cactus.  What to my wonderiing eyes should appear - all of these buds on one single leaf - just waiting to pop!!  See the heat doesn't bother the cactus - they thrive so pretty soon the yellow lovelies/flowers will be there for us to share.

Until then...stay cool - be in the moment - live with the feelings...and just accept them - the malaise is not to be reckoned with - just lived.  This weather just causes lots of BE STILL moments - no choice!!

No comments: