BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, June 15, 2013

More SELF Discoveries

Yesterday, Bill and I went off on one of our mini-adventures - criteria...out to explore the new and different in the world; spending time together; having FUN and being open to the synchronicities that come to us!  Another day...another success.  This visit was to the Highlands mansion and gardens in Ft. Washington, PA.  We have a list of gardens in the area - tri-state - and only begun to chip away at discovering them.  There is time. 
    We had tried two other times to visit this one and the rains came down.  When it was overcast and a bit drizzly early in the morning, our decision was to go anyhow and we did!!  The gift of the day - perfect weather, amazing clouds, a fascinating house complete with a mini-tour from a woman who worked there, and formal gardens surrounded by stone walls - several acres of flowers and trees.
   What did I discover?  First of all, I realized that when I am out amongst the flowers in nature, my heart fills with love and I connect with the diva energy of each flower.  It's my BE STILL peace of mind...me, my camera and flower energy!!  Yesterday I discovered an iris - the likes of which I had never seen.  I tiptoes through the plants to get up close and personal - awesome.  You can see that from all of the different shots in the collage.  Total gratitude.
    Then Ms. Echnicachea was revisited - same healing plant in a different location and of a different magnitude.  "She" was large!!  Got very up close and personal with her as well.  I am really attracted to this flower.  Her 'heart', the orange center is spectacular!

On and on through the gardens - so much to share!!  Just one more - a vivid yellow flower - let's just call her sunshine because that is so what she reminded me of!!  Good morning Sunshine!!

Bill discovered the greenhouses and was curious about some of the ways the gardners we starting plants.  When we asked the woman in the house about it, she shared that they had entered into an agreement with a CSA to farm a piece of their property and they were using the greenhouses.  Yet another discovery for the day.  We went to the CSA area - met the women who were running it and he got answers to his questions.  We also saw how they ran their CSA - each week - and they are open for 24 weeks - people come and get six types of produce, predetermined by the organizers.  We also came home with a fantastic book written by a CSA group from Wisconsin - Vegetables from Asparagus to Zucchini.  This treasure trove has information about each vegetable and many favorite member recipes.  It will be close by as we explore our garden's gifts and those of our own Muth Farm CSA this summer.  YES, we brought the book home!!  Check it out!!






No comments: