BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Laugh Out Loud!!

In all of my years of  taking pictures of people and their shoes, I have never had anyone say NO - don't do it - until the other day on the Cape May -Lewes Ferry  - and she wasn't nice about it either!  Wondering why because usually people either laugh at me since I am doing something silly - or love that I flatter them with attention (remember Catch Them Doing Something Right!!).  Some say ok but they really need a pedicure - as if anyone will ever know who they are by their shoes/feet - really now!!  So let's share a few of the most interesting ones I saw the other day on the Ferry ride to Delaware!!

 Here's friend Denise and her long spotted skirt and sandals to coordinate with it.  Notice the color of the toenails - cool.  (I saw her again last night and her toenails were green to match what she was wearing then!!)  Remember I talk a lot about Little Light being my playful companion?  Well - here she was on the Ferry ride with us - patterns all over the place!!

My guess is that these two were runners - check our the muscles in their legs - he guy on the right!!

He never noticed - this guy was so stretched out and relaxed!  Love the shadows!!   This other one - totally relaxed - and I love the shadows/patterns of the chairs.

Now here is the one - simple picture - purple flip flops - could be owned by anyone - and if  you look closely, she has even put on lavender nail polish to match the color of the shoes!  She could have been a cool person...guess we just didn't connect!!
Here was one of the loveliest conversations of the day - an Indian woman in a beautiful sari with matching flip flops that glittered in the sunshine like diamonds.  I asked to take her picture and she was so flattered - great conversation - so much fun, open and receptive.
           I like to take pictures of people and their shoes because I can get a snippet of who they are...why they choose what they do to wear and other interesting factoids about them.  I do understand that shoes are one of the pieces of ourselves that we show to make us unique.  The woman in the purple also reinforced how different/unique we are in our responsiveness to anything different - or maybe something invading our space?  Funny thing is, that as I walked around the Ferry, I saw her many more times!!  Lessons learned...always...just going out in the world and keeping my eys open - listening with an open heart - is a grand way to share experiences and learn lessons!!  DARE to AFFIRM!!


No comments: