BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rainy Day FUN...and Memories


Yesterday we had some really torrential rains - feels rather like we are living in the tropics with a daily thunderstorm.  The upside is that the garden is lush and for this we are grateful.  Hopefully there will be no drought this year.  Just talked with friend, Beth , in Iowa and she said they have rain daily for months - almost to the point that farmers can't plant because the ground is so wet.  Somewhat of a blessing because they have been in a drought for a few years now.
   For Photoschmoozer and 'Little Martie'- the rain is a gift for SEEING - a new view of the world through the lens of the car windshield.  I was driving home and splashed through a huge puddle - that gave me pause and brought back a memory when son, Jon, was young.  He loved for us to out driving and splash through the puddles.  So for Jon, I did just that!!  It was great fun though a bit challenging.  I had to create the splash and hold the camera up to capture what I could.  SUCCESS!  
   Then I just sat for a minute and saw what the world looked like through the heavy rains on the windshield.  I felt like I was in the midst of an Impressionist art gallery - distorted but still capturing the colors.  I had to move slowly because I was choosing to drive along the road (no cars in sight) without the windshield wipers to get the full effect.  The rain and the driving created some amazing BE STILL moments for me.  I was so into the PROCESS of what I was doing and that was the joy of it.  It made my little girl's heart jump with joy!!  And I had just finished an acupuncture treatment, so the chi energy was really flowing!!  Here are a few more of my favorite 'paintings' from yesterday's rainy day adventure.  Have you ever done this?  It's no fun to stay in - except maybe when there is thunder and lightening.  Then it all brought me back to growing up 'down the shore' in Wildwood Crest.  When it rained, we put on rubber boots and slickers and went out and played in the puddles.  Oh the joys of childhood...and memories!!

YOUR CAMERA, MY FRIEND.  NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.  Oh and one other thing - Make sure you have extra charged batteries!!

No comments: