BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, June 14, 2013

Synchronicities...and Happiness

This morning, I received this link from Friend Bob  - and it is sooooooooo ME!!  This particular piece is all about what I call Synchronicities - The author calls it 'seeing the unseen'.  It matters not IF you BE STILL and pay attention to everything that is happening because it all has meaning.  One little event triggers the next - and so it goes throughout the day!!  The joys of the simple things!  Perfect way to enjoy life in all of its glories!!                                                              
                                                     http://www.thehiyl.com/

Yesterday I talked about the gifts I received from just being out in the rain and SEEING.  My synchronicities are often with people...and with the little sightings of the beauty of the gifts that Mother Nature offers us.  A few days ago, I had seen some painted daisies (my word for them) on a hill and went back to see them in all of their magnificence.  That I did...and more

They were just saying...STOP and SEE ME!!






Ahhhhhhhh but they were not alone!  I took time to look around and everywhere, the rain had left water droplets on everything that was growing.  This tree just said to me - Look over here and see what I have to offer you!!  And I just got pulled in that direction!!
Then - I had issued a challenge to the BE STILL group to photograph lillies of all different colors.  Maybe it is my quest - others go off in their own directions and don't take the callenge (Bob does!!)  Back in the car and off to search Pitman for the unusual big lillies - not the orange day lillies that are so all over the place!!  I found some big beauties and also discovered other treasures that brought me joy!!  Mayor Mike (Pitman's former mayor) and his wife always have such an amazing garden and I knew there were gifts there.  What I found -
                                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alstroemeria
Without a doubt, they have always been favorites of mine BUT today I found the plants growing in pots and they were splendid!  I often buy them at florists or in the bins at the grocery store, but today they were just growing and I was excited.  Not sure anyone else could hare my joy - but sometimes the dancing feelings are within and that is cool for me.  Here they are!!

One more treat hidden among the plants - we can call them Echinacaea - we can call them coneflowers - we can know that they are totally cool - and the herb from this plant is healing too!!  Share my joy at seeing this beauty!!
I could go on and on but there will be more days...more gifts...more stories.  See - Bill and I have a list of zillions of gardens in the tri-state area - most within an hour from home!!  Today we go to Ft. Washington to see what is there.  Yesterday a firend said, "What kind of pictures can you take on a day like this?!"   I think you see the answer to that question in what I have shared - so even though it is overcast, we are heading out today - and the gifts are waiting!!



No comments: