BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, September 19, 2008

Ways to Get Out of the HOT Sun!!


Sunday at the Rt. 13 Flea Market in New Castle, Delaware was HOT!! As we walked around, sweating and drinking lots of liquids to keep ourselves hydrated, well trying to do that, I started noticing the ways that people were figuring out to keep themselves a bit cool. I saw the usual hats (that is in a previous blog entry) and then began noticing the amazingly colorful variety of umbrellas! The beautiful cream colored lacy one might have been 'mine' if the woman holding it had not just bought it. She was going to use it when she went to outdoor prayer meetings and retreats out in the sun. The pink umbrella was carried by an Obama supporter and we had quite a conversation about her voter registration efforts for DE. I enjoyed the older gent sitting under the 'shade' of the hatch back of his vehicle and the woman vendor with the flowered umbrella. She had just borrowed it from her neighbor. Themes are a great way to take pictures and I am always thinking of the stories that go with whatever I see! How about you?? To me, photography is about people and FUN and stories much more than 'getting the picture 'right'. There are always surprises of joy (well, disappointment too) when I get them home in the computer. Enjoy and just get out and about and notice!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: