BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Touch Up and Trim Today

ANYTHING is a photo op and a story if you just open your eyes WIDE and pay attention to what is all around you!?! Now, don't get me wrong. I do appreciate all of the gifts and the beauty that Mother Nature offers us daily with flowers, trees, bugs, plants, sunlight and... Yet, as I sit and contemplate it all, LIFE in all of its entirety offers us the same beauty, images and experiences.
Today, I had a scheduled appointment to get a touch up and trim. Now, when this happens, there is half an hour of lag time while the color gets to the roots and makes them 'match' the rest of the hair. So, I started out reading Nature Photographer...ok, enough of that. Why not just look around where I was and focus on the HERE AND NOW. I did and I am sharing my views with you in this here and now!! It is truly amazing when you stop and look really closely at what is around. One of the hairdressers - maybe I should call her a 'salon artist' - questioned what I was doing. When I got excited telling her that I was going to creat a PhotoStory 'A DAY AT THE SALON'...well, sad to say, she was only concerned that one of the stations was dirty!!
I had tons of pictures by then, so I quietly put the camera away and just became 'more beautiful' on the outside to match my joy and beauty on the inside!! What's up with you??

No comments: