BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thomas Blows Bubbles...LOTS of Them!!

On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, under the 'Buttonwood tree' in Mantua, NJ, a group of family and friends came together to celebrate life through conversation, music and of course food. My 'faithful friends', the lenses that compliments my own vision, were with me today. I saw this very active little guy blowing a few bubbles. I pulled up a chair and just sat and watched him until I knew I could take some pictures. He loved to perform for the camera. "Did you get that?" "What about this one?" He didn't quite get that he moved so fast and out of my line of vision, that he was a challenge. It was time for me to leave him alone to his fun. A short while later, this is what I heard: "Are you the person who was taking my picture? Want to do it again?" "Sure, Thomas, no problem", I quietly said to him. This time he tried all kinds of bubble blowing 'tools' and got fully into the game, often even forgetting that I was there with him. This was a win-win situation. Thomas got the attention he wanted - a child in the midst of many adults - and a band playing - and I got some great pictures. Never did I anticipate what was going to happen at the picnic. In fact, it is so much more joyful to not anticipate what is going to happen in a day or an event. The spontaneous happenings are often so much FUN! My advice - open your eyes and go out into the world and just BE STILL to see what comes. Try it!!

No comments: