BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunny Days at the Flea Market

IT WAS HOT!!! What else can I say that describes the day in the sun at the Route 13 Flea Market in New Castle, DE. Oh, I can also say that it was FUN and that there were tons of vendors and shoppers alike. We were all strong souls getting our 15 minute does of Vitamin D. Some, however were wiser than others and wore hats to protect themselves from the scorching rays of the sun. Do you see the one woman who had her jacket on her head? The little boy who put the lace doiley on his head? Notice how many people are wearing straw hats?!? The fourth row down on the left was one of my favorites. When I 'schmoozed' with him, he shared that he had just bought it to wear that day! Smart man!! Some of these folks were vendors; some were shoppers - and a few were even 'added' though they were not there that day - we could call it artistic license because I needed 25 pictures for the collage and did not want any repeats!! I find that when I am out and about with my camera, I often get a thought about a theme - at the market, there were two - and both because of the sun - hats and umbrellas. You see one...watch for the other. Thanks for stopping by and seeing what can be creatively done with 'simple' pictures and wonderful people. Enjoy LIFE!! It is the only one you have.

No comments: