BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fascinating to Watch...

Doesn't this look like a monster?!? Actually if this bug - friend Gary the Spudzinator thinks it is a 'pumpkin bug'- were near you, most likely you would not even notice it quietly going by. It is maybe half an inch in length and fits in very simply with the environment.
Remember I said that yesterday was a 'quiet', reflective day. I went out to sit on my favorite white wicker rocking chair on the front porch to watch the world go by, and I found Bill already sitting in 'his chair' watching something. Seems that he discovered 'Mr. Bug' and tapped on the porch floor to see what would happen. The bug stopped in his tracks and became totally still. Bill was trying to see how long it might stay this way. Well, it's often about going to get the camera for me and see how I can record a memory of the bug. I sat on the floor near him and he began to move. I got him to go onto my shoes, then on my pants, on a green leaf and then back on the floor. We played for quite awhile. It was just the kind of 'simple joy' that brightened my day. We 'danced' for about 20 minutes together! While I was engrossed in this activity, I totally forgot anything else that was going on in my head and heart and became totally focused. It was so simple and I learned so much about 'bug nature'. Try it sometime. It doesn't have to be a gorgeous flower or a sunset...just a simple bug. Fascinating!!

1 comment:

Amy Sperry Faldet said...

I think that is the truest statement I have ever heard about how it does not have to be a flower, or a definition of beauty to bring joy or be divine. In fact, sometimes those are the real moments, where you see some "beauty" is not real and some bugs or the acceptance of all our sides is the perfection of life. Embrace the big-eyed bugs who see better than we sometimes, right? Blessings.