BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lost in the Clouds...

Have you ever had 'one of those days' when you feel like your thoughts are lost in the clouds? Today seems to be one of those. The sun is shining; the colors in the garden are still bright; the breezes are gentle...yet for me, it is a day that I don't even want to take out the camera and go out and be still with it. I just want to sit and think of everything...nothing...and just breathe. What I am learning to do is go with those feelings when they are present. I am learning that not everything, everyone or every day can be an 'Oh Wow' one. That is a giant lesson in acceptance for me. Do you have stories to share with me about these days for you? Email me at catchthemright@aol.com It would be a pleasure to hear from like minded souls. (PS This picture is from another one of those days months ago in Wildwood. The ocean and beach is often a wonderful place for stillness and contemplation.)

No comments: