BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Generations of Caring Service

It is almost 40 years that I have lived in the little town of Pitman, NJ - my husband, Bill - well he has been here since he was 2!! In that time, we have become a part of where we are, made friends, and looked for people to take care of us. We have blossomed where we are planted, raised our son and lived our lives well. Maybe you would consider the brief move away in the 90s and the trip in the "Cocoon" in 2001(a story for another time!!) for more than 3 months 'leaving, town' , yet we always came back. But I digress and well, I will admit I am distractable, but always get back to point!! Yesterday my 'check engine' light came on in our little green Acura with over 170,000 miles. What to do?? No problem. Went right over to Coopers and talked about the potential problem. Sitting there and talking to the 'middle generation' guy - we have always called him Butch - I realized how the three generations of Coopers have been there for us. They are more than our auto mechanics. We know the family from Mom and Pop to their kids and grandkids. Going to get the car taken care of is like a family visit to catch up on all of the news. Pop's in his mid 80s now and his legs don't get him to the shop every day like it did until a few months ago. Butch wishes he could retire, but...and Jared, the 'youngun' is there now to carry on. Sometimes I go out and about to look for The PhotoSchmoozer stories. Sometimes I just have to live my life and they are there. I just know that I am grateful for it all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: