BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rita's Donut...Martie's Photo Diet!!

Tonight was an experience. Buddies Bob and Chuck are teaching a photography class at Gloucester County College here in south Jersey. My friends Rita and her husband Al are in the class. Well, I did not sign up for this 3 credit class because it was to be tooooooooooooo technical, and if you have been reading my blog, you will know how I truly feel about the technicalities of photography. Anyhow, I decided to go and visit the class tonight, see friends and, well, maybe even learn something!! (I did...shutter speed and Picasa 3!) I am telling you all of this and you are wondering ...well then, why in the world does she have a picture of a partially eaten donut on this blog?!? Here's the story. Bob brought a HUGE box of all kinds of donuts - iced, filled, plain- some covered with powered sugar and...can't tell you more because I did not even approach the box! WHY you ask? If I am to be healthy and live to 100 like the people in the books I am reading, then sugar and wheat are NO NOs!! Instead I decided that the best approach for me would be the PHOTO DIET!! Here it is. When I want to eat, what I must do instead is pick up my camera (my diet buddy perhaps??) and take pictures. Tonight was the first lesson in this process. Rita took some bites and then I asked her to put her donut in front of me. I turned on the camera, set the Super Macro and had FUN! It was even more fun than eating the donut! Maybe, just maybe, I have started something new! Try it and see how it works for you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: