BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Beach Hut...and the Pending Storm

A good 'Flicrk friend" lives in England - she calls herself 'Sminky Pinky' - and when she goes out and about, she loves to take pictures of beach huts. Now, let me tell you, she has come across many beautiful huts arranged in communities right at the sea. They are lovely, full of color and individuality and she is always so ready to share. It has become one of her trademarks. When we went to the New Jersey shore last week, I hoped to find a beach hut to send on to England and I did. But as with everything, it had a story. Let me share. We walked down to the 'catamaran' beach in Stone Harbor - another story. There sat the hut in its beautiful white pristine glory. Of course, I took the picture for Sminky. Then we walked down to see the boats, watch the guys 'baitfishing' (yet another story) from the rock jetty, and the parasails way up in the sky. That too was amazing as a group of guys were practicing using these before they actually went out and waterskied with them.
As we came back up the beach, we noticed that the beach hut was no longer in place!!! See, Hurricane Hannah was scheduled to hit the coast on Saturday, and during a previous hurricane, one of these huts was found days later way down the beach - and NOT all in one piece either! This time, they were taking it - and the boats - from the beach, so that they could be survivors. It was fun to watch them lift the hut, remove it from the beach, put it on a big flatbed and take it away for security. Guess we could call this an 'ounce of prevention'!! So not only did I get the picture of the hut, but an unanticipated story to go with it. All it takes is getting out and about and keeping your eyes open to what is happening in your world. Enjoy!!

No comments: