BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Posing for the Camera!!

We were walking on a beach near the bridge between Sea Isle City and Avalon, NJ just the other day and, from a distance I saw this gorgeous dog. I watched him...and he watched me. Then I put my camera to my face and he continued to watch me. Direct eye contact!! This went on for about 10 minutes - many poses and 'communication'. His owner saw me a bit later - she was definitely distracted by the waves and said, "Oh he will never let you take his picture!" Hmmmmmmmm what had been going on for the past 10 minutes? When I told her about the 'dance' that Duke and I had been engaging in, she was truly surprised. She said he never let anyone, including her take his picture. When she took out her camera, he walked or turned away. Guess I was lucky enough to have a communication with this guy, and I am thankful to him for the memory, and to the sea for the perfect backdrop for the photo session!! It's not just people that we have to ask permission of when we are out with the camera. I silently watched and asked the dog...guess he responded to me.

No comments: