BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MAGIC is Everywhere!!


The words say everything...MAGIC IS EVERYWHERE!!  Ever since I have been using my camera to see clearly what is in my world, I am awed by the joy that comes into my heart.  I discovered ME...what brings peace to my heart...and the gift that I have to SEE what is in my world.  I have challenged friends to share what is magic to them.  For me today it is the undersides and backs of flowers - details and colors that often seen by just looking at it straight on.  Take the blue poppy that we recently saw at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.  I looked from the front...I looked from the side and the I needed - just needed to see what was underneath.  What gifts...what colors...what details.  Do you do this?  Do you look at something and then look in different ways??  Challenge yourself always.  Look at something - then close your eyes, take a deep breath - and open them again to see with a clear mind and a open heart.  Then when you think you are done - well turn around and see what else is there behind you.  It might be the most special gift of the day!!  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Fran@Broken Cookies Don't Count said...

The mix of color and light is wonderful in these two photos, Martie. Ok, Magical! Thanks for sharing them!