BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Little Light Loves a Gathering!!

Have I formally introduced  you to Little Light?  She has become my friend - someone recently asked me if she is my imaginary friend!!!?!?!?!  What do you think?  Remember Robert Louis Stevenson in Children's Garden of Verses, who had his shadow that went in and out with him?  Well, Little Light is always with me and is the most unconditional and accepting playmate!!  She's around and creates awesome opportunities for Being Still and Seeing...like the other night at our gathering.  Donna had arranged the wine glasses carefully on the marble topped counter - graduated rows!  We were sitting and talking and I HAD to get out my camera because this just, well , made me JOYFUL because of her playfulness!  It's a theme that I am choosing to bring more into my life - spirit and joy and play!  As I have been saying lately - WOO HOO!!
Since it was our first time visiting Donna's Farmland Preserve/vineyard and awesome peaceful 128 acres, we got a tour - just a bit outside and more inside.  The house has been designed for letting Little Light in - it is built in the center of the property and oriented east west - so now the Fiddler on the Roof song is going through my head...Sunrise...sunset...each one following another, filled with happiness and tears.  I digress...and that's fun and playful too!!  We got the house tour - and as I went up !  When I got up to the top of the stairs, this is where she had settled for the moment.
Isn't Little Light the most awesome friend to have...playful...fun...unconditionally there (even without her friend the Sun at times)...giving and full of spirit!!

2 comments:

Fran@Broken Cookies Don't Count said...

Love the photo of the glasses. Your friend's home sounds wonderful!

Photoschmoozer said...

Totally awesome Fran - we should all be so fortunate to live in that environment - inside and out!! Thanks for posting and glad it is working!!