BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, May 17, 2013

Stop...See...Care and Let it Go!!

On an adventure to Iowa to visit friend, Beth, we took a journey further west to meet her grandson...there was only one at that point... and we detoured to visit one of the Bridges of Madison County.  Wouldn't it be fun to stand there and relive the story??
    The setting was indeed totally peaceful - lush greenery, the sounds of the running water and the amazing structure - strong and sturdy.
   As we were walking back to the car, we looked down and saw this moth struggling in the grass.  I picked it up and after I got in the car, I sat it on my leg to rest in the sun.  Was it living?  After a bit of sharing our quiet energy, I detected movement!!  We looked at one another and decided to give her another chance at life and freedom! We stopped the car, and Beth took her and gently placed her on the grass in a sunny spot.  We cared.  We had compassion for her and we hoped that we gave her that breath of life to go on!  We let her go!!
    As I write this, I am sitting here , early morning at my desk in front of the open window, feeling the cool breezes coming in to envelope me in their gentle caresses!  I am watching Little Light dancing in the magnificence of the garden, casting her shadows and making everything look special.
  Friend BOB is always talking about LETTING GO...and we let the moth go, Mother Nature guides us to let our thoughts go -and light...well you know how she can take our cares away and just dance with us!!  Another day filled with gratitude!!

1 comment:

Fran@Broken Cookies Don't Count said...

Beautifully written, Martie. Great story. Thanks for sharing it!