BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shines...or Tarnished ...To Be Polished

  Site a spell and listen to my tale.  For those of you know me, you know that I don't believe in strengths and weaknesses.  I have created my own way of looking at who people are.  I believe that we all shine- we all have strengths - yet sometimes these have become tarnished and need to be polished to shine!  We aren't all gifted at everything we do, but with encouragement, time and patience, and BELIEF IN SELF, we can shine a lot more!!  There is DARE to AFFIRM: Catch them doing something right.  It is all about the Dance of Relationships.
   When I was in a small group the other day, I was at the other end of this way of being and it did NOT feel good.  , For some moments, I felt less than OK.  The group was discussing  soliciting people's stories to create a book about how we all have impacted the lives of children.  There was my first clue of what was to come - "IMPACT is NOT a verb.  You can't impact someone's life!"  What a cutting remark - hurtful too that she was so strong and knew that only she wa right!!  That's my belief and my way of looking at the use of the word.   IMPACT is what we do in one another's lives!!  Please don't blatantly ignore who I am and what I say because you don't think it is the truth.  Oooooooh   - I would have to call it devaluing my words and disrespecting me as a valuable person!!
   Then the opinion about the stories - " Well we will get a hundred and scrap maybe half of them.  Not everyone is a writer!"  Ooooooooh - IF someone takes their valuable time and writes a story - we can look for the message in what they shared and edit their work to MAKE IT SHINE!!
   Then there are the words - "write from your heart".  Again, "Not everyone writes from the heart!"  Oooooooooooh.  I do believe that EVERYONE writes from the heart - just that some of us have more warm and open hearts...others have hearts that are closed or sheltered!"  Our heart beat gives us life and makes us who we are.
     My other philosophy is DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WANT OTHERS TO DO UNTO OTHERS.  Thanks to Jere Pawl for what she calls the Platinum rule.  IF the group wants stories that share about making a difference, and can't even be gentle and kind and accepting with one another, well...you finish the sentence.
   So will I continue with this group/project?  You can reach inside my mind and heart and know what I am thinking and considering.  Time will tell and the decision for me will be clear.
   For me...I am aging gracefully and intend to live my life surrounded by people who care - who are open and accepting - and who are kind and believe in the worth and value of all humanity!!    Thanks for listening!!

1 comment:

Fran@Broken Cookies Don't Count said...

Nicely said, Martie. Some people think they know everything and in a way are better than others. Be open, welcoming and accepting or don't get involved with others.