BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In the Still of the Night!!

Full moon's a coming and Grandmother Moon is being quite energetic and playful already!  Every night, I go to bed, my head rests on the pillow and I fall asleep.  NOT last night!!   I laid in bed for awhile - my mind thinking about all kinds of wonderful things -  everything but sleep!!  Finally, I knew I had to get up and come downstairs because what was the use of trying to BE STILL when it just wasn't happening.  I walked into the kitchen and Little Light was waiting to play.  Does she ever sleep? Is she playing me joyfully all the time?  Here is what I saw and geez - the camera was close by - BE STILL and SEE...have you guessed yet how much I love light and shadows??  The sight was welcoming and after a short time standing still and watching, I decided that the seat was welcoming.
Earlier in the evening, I had been working on a baby alphabet sampler - and I just sat down and stitched some more.  I knew that I could always settle with the handwork.  Interesting to me - known to be impatient at times (really!!) - settling down with hand work/counted cross stitch/embroidery!!  Truth be told, I have been doing this for a zillion years and keep coming back to it. 
There on the table sat all of the mish mash of the threads BUT even they were settling to me.  I was just STILL - turned on the camera and looked at the threads through the view screen.  How settling it was for me!  I zoomed right in and took all kinds of sights - this one was the most fun - almost like a tunnel of threads!!  The question I often ask...Why this?  Why now?  Once more I have been shown the way.  My camera is my friend and photography brings me peace!  Today I was with my new friend, Sharon, and we were talking about Chi and energy balls and how to find peace.  Suddenly she said to me, "That's what your camera and photography does for you isn't it?
"  I just met Sharon last week, yet there is a strong knowing and intuitive companionship between us.  She leaves on Saturday for her nomadic free spirited way in the Southwest and CA - says that is where I belong...who knows when I will see her again...but we are connected and for this understanding, friendship and time together, I am grateful!  Well can you believe that Photoschmoozer did NOT have her camera - so you can just use your imagination and envirion Sharon. 
Tonight...to sleep...perchance to dream.  Tomorrow stress test...and life goes on!!  Thanks for being a part of it!!~

No comments: