BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Light Within Shines Out!!


It's challenging to feel sad when there is dancing light all around us!!  In the morning especially, the sunlight wakes up and comes out to play  I sit here in my office looking out into the yard and realize that IF I never went anywhere, I would be blessed with the experience of beauty that Mother Nature offers us.  Little Light is out there dancing and casting her shadows on well, EVERYTHING!   The dogwood tree has been in our yard for the 30+ years we have lived here...in some ways like a bonsai dogwood - never growing large and stately but being steady and consistent!!  Looking up at her flowers set against the brillian blue sun - well - a picture is worth a thousand words right?    The leaves...a bit further afield - went to see our favorite lake but stopped as I got out of the car because Little Light was playing on the leaves and trees!  My point...Little Light is everywhere, dressed differently and sharing in wonderous ways throughout the day.  Sometimes she has to rest...but lately she has been totally present. 
 ARE YOU IN TUNE WITH THE PRECIOUS PRESENT??   Stop and breathe and give it a try!!  You will feel still and peaceful - a gift to yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am such a dodo!! I did NOT know what you meant when you were talking about your "Little Light" yesterday. Now I do! Thanks for sending me the link, Martie. Love the post and the thoughts behind it. We have much to get to know about each other. I'm intrigued by the drums. Thanks!