BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, April 6, 2013

BE STILL and SEE Photography: Clear Eye, Open Heart and Mindfulness




It's with an open heart and a clear mind that I write this morning.  I often attempt to make life too complicated and totally forget to stop and see who I am and what I have.  I read about the 'top ten gardens in the country' and immediately felt an urgent need to get to #1 in Maine.  Then I stopped and looked at the rest of the list and realized that within an hour of home, I had 2 of those very 10 in my very own backyard - and others equally as beautiful that we have yet to see.  So maybe there are NOT 11,000 tulips in bloom but there are a myraid of simple visions that all bring joy to my heart. 
This one is simple...I stopped to look up rather than down at the ground at the vibrant flowers - here was the gift I received - a simple sight to be sure but alive with possibilities. 
A friend sent me this DeWitt Jones link about Vision and I have replayed it numerous times.  I especially love the story about the 5 year old who is 'taking pictures' with DeWitt!!  See for yourself...enjoy...learn...grow...and open your heart to ALL of the possibilities the world has to offer!!  It's NOT all about stuff!!  Do we really need all of that 'stuff' - more cameras and special lenses and tripods and filters??  Maybe not...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwFYsztlISM







No comments: