BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, April 7, 2013

MUSIC to our ears...perfect day for a picnic

 The day was gorgeous - bright sun and blue skies - took off to explore and create new memories.  Scotland Run in Clayton, NJ  was our destination.  We had never been there in all of our years living in South Jersey...now we have.  One of the sights that caught my eye as I was walking about was the couple sitting on the blanket and then I heard the music.  How perfect - a picnic and he was serenading her.  Later I found out that Ted and Lauren had been friends in high school - lost touch - and rediscovered one another about a year ago...how sweet!!


A perfect day for a picnic!!



Ever the curious souls, we asked what kind/brand of guitar Ted was playing - turns out it was a Taylor BUT he has 13 guitars in all!!  WOW - Bill has some catching up to do!!  Right away the conversation went to techniques, chords and musician 'stuff'.
Ted had taught himself when he was very young - reminds us of our son, Jon and how he began the banjo at 10 -  He played for years and put it all away for a long time.  A few years ago, he picked it all up and just enjoys playing along with his CDs.  Rather reminded me of someone in my very own house and how he chooses to play most of the time!!
Photoschmoozer and friend...out and about...looking around and seeing - discovering new places and new people and ever hearing new stories.  Wonder what today will bring??  Stay  tuned!!

Please come by and visit - we welcome visitors and comments!!


No comments: