BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When I Am An Old Woman...



"When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me." 
Jenny Joseph wrote these lines in her poem "Warning." Then she goes on to talk about practicing a little now so that people who know me are not too shocked and surprised, "When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple...and learn to spit."
Yesterday I talked about exuberance and enthusiasm and being who I am AND I BOUGHT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PURPLE SWEATER!!  Today, my niece Becca and I went for a jaunt to Ocean City, NJ, and there, sitting in the front yard of a B & B, I saw this bike.  I knew I couldn't put it in the car and take it home with me as much as I would have loved to, so in keeping with being PhotoSchmoozer, I brought home a few pictures instead!  It's a wonderful bike and would be a treasure to own.  But hey, I already have a purple bike with bright green accessories!  I am already wearing a purple sweater today, and I am having FUN!  Although I am counting down the days 'til I can sign up for Medicare, I know that I am NOT OLD and never will be.  I know that 'old' is a state of mind (and maybe a bit of a feeling in the body) that won't be in my vocabulary for about EVER!?!?!   Yesterday I talked about being myself as a professional.  Today I am talking about being myself as a person.  If you stop to ponder those words, you will realize that "THEY" are one and the same.  Someone once said to me that she is different at work than at home.  My question is WHY!?!  It's so much more of a treasure to be an authentic person.

Try it.  It could well suit you - whatever color you choose to wear!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you shared. I love the purple bicycle!
Beth from Iowa