BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stumbling on Happiness



Driving home from Delaware the other day from a great work/play day with my friend Peggy, I looked up ahead and knew I had to slow down for an icy patch on the road.  Strange because it was a cold and sunny day and there was no other ice or snow anywhere.  WOW was I ever glad I had to go slow and take my time, because as the title says, I once again 'stumbled onto happiness'.  Just to my left there was a small stream and just a few small trees just loaded with thick chunks of ice.  At the end of the day, the light was pretty special too and the glows it cast on the icicles, made them magical.   Since I discovered The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin http://www.happiness-project.com/ a few days ago, I have been planning my own Happiness project.  Gretchen mentions Dan Gilbert's book, Stumbling on Happiness, and I decided to go and find it.  Hey, this is NOT rambling - there is a purpose to what I am writing.  Right on the shelf next to his book, I found Wayne Dyer's The Power of Intention and brought it home too.  After all, it's about co-creating your world your way, and if that doesn't fit into the Happiness Project, well, what does?!?  Now, there is a connection to the books, the project, PhotoSchmoozer and the ice photos.  Wayne Dyer talks about The Power of Intention and his definitions just so aptly describe how I felt about the ice hanging from the low trees:
  • A sense of the possible
  • A sense of awe
  • A sense of humility
  • A sense of knowing
  • A sense of belonging
I was awed and humbled by the beauty of nature and the knowing that these gifts are there for us all the time - in the world that we are all one with - anytime we stop and just look.  I wanted to flag down all of those drivers who sped past me, but then I thought that they had to discover their own happiness and awe and sense of the possible- each in his or her own way.
So I stopped and got out - I saw wonder and I share my thoughts with all of you!
I know that Happiness and Intention are a big part of my 2010 plan.  Let the adventure continue.
Happiness Project

No comments: