BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Feathers Floating on the Breeze


Curious?  Story to follow!  Lesson learned:  there is always something out there waiting to be discovered and it is beautiful!!  Soon after lunch, I realized that I had NOT been out of the house at all yesterday and if I was not careful, today would turn into the same thing.  The difference was that the sun was brilliant and the day was calling me to come out and play.  Not being one to leave home without my camera, I slung it over my shoulder and walked to the Alcyon Lake.  Sure, there are other directions, but it is fun to go and visit with the ducks and geese and watch the parents and children playing together.  I wanted to see something special to share but WHAT??  OK Martie - be still and see what will come.  All of a sudden I saw a small white feather rustling in the breeze.  As I got down closer to look the details were amazing and I knew I had my project set for the day.  Somehow, when I start taking pictures, my mind goes to a theme and today it was feathers.  I often think in metaphors and today was no different.  I have been feeling very heavy hearted wondering about the changes that are happening and what they will mean.  Today I thought that I needed to float on the breeze like the feathers, and just breathe and see where the winds take me!  Quien sabe??  Some tell me that I need a plan - will I sell my photos?  Will I consult?  Will I????  Drive me crazy with those questions if you will BUT for me I am striving to be at peace with the questions and not need the answers.  They will come.  I would call this rather 'Zenish" and it feels right - now the challenge is to welcome the combination of the head and heart into a belief system that lives these words!!  This alone is an admirable goal!!

No comments: